Top 10 Benefits of Pilates
1. IMPROVED CORE STRENGTH – exercises focus on strengthening the deep muscles of the abdomen, back, and hips. Which can improve core strength and stability.
2. INCREASED FLEXIBILITY – exercises involve stretching and lengthening the muscles, which can help improve flexibility and range of motion.
3. BETTER POSTURE – can help improve posture by strengthening the muscles that support the spine and promoting proper alignment.
4. REDUCED RISK OF INJURY – exercises can help improve flexibility, strength, and balance, reducing the risk of injury during physical activities.
5. IMPROVED BALANCE AND COORDINATION – exercises require focus and control, which can improve balance and coordination.
6. IMPROVED MENTAL WELL-BEING & REDUCED STRESS – emphasizes mindfulness and body awareness, which can help reduce stress and improve mental well-being.
7. ENHANCED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE – can help improve athletic performance by increasing strength, flexibility, and balance.
8. REHABILITATION FROM INJURIES – exercises can be tailored to help in rehabilitation from injuries or illnesses.
9. INCREASED MUSCLE TONE – exercises can help improve muscle tone and definition.
10. LOW-IMPACT EXERCISE – low-impact form of exercise, making it suitable for individuals of all ages and fitness levels.
“I have been a client for over 4 years. Jen provides personalized attention to meet my goals. The space is clean, organized and the equipment is high quality. I love the small group classes, especially for pilates. They are fun and challenging and using the reformer makes it an experience you can’t get at home! All of the instructors are very knowledgeable and I love supporting a local small business. Fantastic experience overall.”
“I’ve been going to Spark and Vitality for over a year, and highly recommend it! Jen, Lauren, and Jenny are all inspiring and fun spinning instructors, and I always get a good workout – I especially like that a short core session was added after Friday morning’s spin class. I’ve also taken many sessions with Jen for personal training, which is tough but rewarding. The flexibility to work with weights, TRX, and pilates is a great plus.”
“I have been working with Jen Campbell at Spark and Vitality for about two years. She is an encouraging and very kind Pilates trainer. I love her new studio. The space is warm and inviting and Jen’s presence and abilities as a trainer make it even better. She is very experienced and knowledgeable and pushes you through your comfort zone. The conclusion is newfound strengths and a healthy body! Highly recommend this studio!!!”
“My forever home! After trying numerous gyms/trainers in the area, I am so glad I found Jen Campbell and Spark and Vitality. Many trainers have a preset/preconceived idea of what training is – a one size fits all mentality which is not only ineffective but can lead to injury (yes, this has happened to me). Jen creates an individualized program based on the clients’ needs/goals, knows how to motivate you while keeping the health/safety and person in mind, and keeps sessions new and interesting. She has extensive knowledge in training, cycling, and pilates, actually knows how the body works, has an amazing attitude, is professional, affordable and accessible. There is no membership fee, ample parking and a beautiful new space which has been added next door. Spark and Vitality is the perfect combination of the personal touch and a professional fitness business. I would recommend to anyone – young, old, new or seasoned gym-goer, and any budget.”
“I’ve been working out with Jen at Elkins Spark Fitness for a couple of years now and am very happy. The facility offers it all – from Pilates to personal training. I’ve tried it all. It’s a great space with positive energy and a good vibe. Doesn’t matter if you are just starting to work out or have been doing it for years, it always feels comfortable. What I love most is I feel well taken care of no matter what shape I’m in. Call Jen. She will point you in the right direction. There is something for everyone.”